How do you evaluate the production and business activities of enterprises in the provincial industrial zone in the first nine months of 2021?
- Due to the complicated developments of the epidemic in the fourth outbreak, it has caused a great negative impact on the production, business and development of enterprises in industrial zones in the first 9 months of the year. Many enterprises in the industrial park had to stop operating because they could not meet the "3 on the spot" option, disrupting important production value chains. Along with that, capital from the foreign invested sector and the private sector decreased. Although the situation is very difficult, but under the leadership of the Provincial Party Committee, the Provincial People's Committee, the coordination of branches and localities, the efforts of the business community, has contributed to maintaining stability and developing the business community. IZ according to the proposed orientation. The production and business targets in the first 9 months of 2021 of enterprises in industrial zones also increased compared to the same period in 2020.
- What do you thinkabout production activities in industrial zones in the near future?
- Up to now, the situation of Covid-19 epidemic is basically under control, production and business activities are gradually being restored, but there are still many difficulties and challenges. Many businesses have tried to maintain operations with the "3 on-site", "1 road, 2 locations" options, but the effect has not really been achieved as expected. Enterprises are facing many difficulties, such as: broken production chain, high production costs, reduced input of raw materials and capacity, labor shortage because workers have returned home and do not know when to return. Binh Duong… will affect the ability to restore production and development targets in the last months of the year. Inflows of domestic and foreign investment into industrial zones are also at risk of decline.
- How does the management board of provincial IZs plan to re-open all production and business activities in industrial zones, sir?
- Returning to operations in the new situation, production plans of enterprises need to be changed to ensure safety and be in line with the situation of the Covid-19 epidemic. Recently, the Management Board of Provincial Industrial Parks has issued Plan No. 27/KH-BQL on the prevention and control of the Covid-19 epidemic and the restoration of production and business activities of enterprises in the IZs. This plan aims to continue to support and create favorable conditions for enterprises in the IZ to maintain production and business activities and ensure safe production conditions. Thereby, contributing to stabilizing economic growth, restoring and developing production and business, ensuring state budget revenue, jobs, health care and workers' lives.
- Can you tellspecificabout the plan?
- According to the plan, enterprises in the industrial park will apply the roadmap to reorganize production and business according to
timelines. For enterprises that are maintaining operations, by December 31, 2021, they will reach 80% of their capacity compared to before the epidemic. For enterprises that are shutting down, by October 31, 90% of enterprises will return to production; By December 31, 2021, 100% of enterprises will return compared to before the epidemic. In order for enterprises to return to operation according to the above route, enterprises in the industrial park can apply the "3 green" or "flexible 3 on-site" model depending on the epidemic control situation. For green areas, the "3 green" model is applied: green factories, green inns, green workers. For the rest of the region, the model of “3 on-site flexible” is applied.
Currently, about 90% of enterprises in industrial zones have resumed production. The management board of provincial industrial zones will continue to meet and guide enterprises to develop production recovery plans; continue to accelerate further to inject 2 full doses of vaccines for experts and workers. In addition, quickly deploying the establishment of mobile medical stations in enterprises and industrial zones to ensure workers have access to healthcare anytime, anywhere; regularly inspect and supervise to ensure safety in production.
In the first 9 months of the year, domestic investment attraction of industrial zones was 2,552 billion dong, reaching 182.30% of the year plan; attracting foreign investment of 2.11 billion USD, up 151.27% over the same period and reaching 176% compared to the year plan, of which 37 new projects with a total registered investment capital of over 416 million were granted. US dollars, an increase of 13.63% in capital over the same period.
Source: Binh Duong Newspaper
(Translated by Google)