1. Scope of planning
- The scope of planning includes administrative boundaries of 07 communes: Thanh Thuy, Phuong Tien, Thanh Duc, Xin Chai, Lao Chai, Phong Quang in Vi Xuyen district and Phuong Do in Ha Giang city. as follows:
+ To the East: Adjacent to Thuan Hoa and Minh Tan communes of Vi Xuyen district.
+ To the West: Adjacent to Then Chu Phin, Dan Van and Tung San communes of Hoang Su Phi district.
+ To the South: Adjacent to Cao Bo commune of Vi Xuyen district and Phuong Thien commune, Quang Trung ward, Nguyen Trai ward of Ha Giang city.
+ North: Bordering Chau Van Son of Van Nam province, China.
- Area of the whole economic zone: 28,781 ha.
- Being a general economic zone, multi-sector, multi-field including: Trade - Service - Tourism - Industry - Agriculture and forestry, forming an area attracting investment and international integration.
- As an international trade gateway, an important traffic hub, import and export, and a bridge between Yunnan province, China and the North of Vietnam and the East Sea corridor, between ASEAN countries and Vietnam. with Northeast Asian countries.
- Being an economic, cultural, social and tourist center with synchronous and modern infrastructure.
- Being an area of sustainable development, linking socio-economic development with ensuring security and defense, with a sustainable ecological environment.
5. Functional subdivision
a) Building 07 main functional areas, including:
- Thanh Thuy border gate trade service center area, including: Non-tariff area, Thanh Thuy urban area, service, tourism, ecological housing area on the east bank of Lo River and hydroelectric lake area combined with tourism Thanh Thuy calendar, in the North of the Economic Zone; construction land scale is about 440 - 450 ha; population is about 6,000 - 6,500 people. To develop the central area to meet the criteria of a grade IV urban area.
- Lao Chai border-gate trade service center area, including: Border-gate trade service center area, urban area associated with Lao Chai town; construction land scale: 150 - 200 ha; population about 2,800 - 3,200 people; developing the central area meeting the criteria of a grade V urban area.
- Xin Chai central area: is a tourist service center associated with Phong Quang Nature Reserve, including areas: commercial service area, operating and supporting tourism activities, administrative center area , education and training, health care, culture, physical training and sports in Xin Chai commune and living quarters of various types; at the existing center of Xin Chai commune; scale of construction land 40 - 50 ha; population is about 1,000 - 1,200 people.
- Thanh Duc central area: It is a functional area to support production activities, handicrafts, warehouses and yards of the economic zone, including: commercial service area, cottage industry area, wharves and yards. , warehouse, administrative center, education and training, health, culture, physical training and sport centers in Thanh Duc commune and living quarters of various types; at the existing center of Thanh Duc commune; construction land scale 40 - 50 ha; population: about 1,000 - 1,500 people.
- Phuong Do central area: To develop eco-tourism urban areas associated with unique local cultural and landscape values, including areas: Ha Giang city gateway commercial service area, Existing education and training center in Ha Giang province, Lo river landscape green park area (complete Ha Phuong water park), Phuong Do commune center and residential areas with diverse types, oriented urban area of Ha Giang city. The scale of construction land is about 450 - 500 ha; population is about 8,000 - 10,000 people.
- Phuong Tien central area: Including agency area, service complex, commerce, office; Pinh Village ecological landscape park (biodiversity park Phong Quang Nature Reserve, cultural museum with 22 ethnic identities in Ha Giang and Ha Giang province overview introduction area), Central area administration, education and training, health, culture, physical training and sports... and living quarters of various types. The scale of construction land is about 330 - 350 ha; population is about 6,000 - 8,000 people.
- Phong Quang central area: In addition to the defense land (which has been approved by the Ministry of National Defense), there will be a high-tech export processing zone, Ha Giang province's education and training center, and an air conditioning lake park. Phong Quang's southern gateway, Phong Quang and Pac Mieu combined landscape park with tourism, administrative center, education and training, culture, physical training and sports in Phong Quang commune and residential area with various types diversity. In Phong Quang valley; construction land scale is about 1,150 - 1,200 ha; population is about 7,000 - 8,000 people.
b) Other supporting functional areas
- Lang Pinh stream eco-tourism area: Associated with biodiversity park, diverse flora and fauna garden.
- Suoi Suoi community eco-tourism area with the following types: Ecological landscape farm, camping.
- Nam Tha stream community eco-tourism area with the following types: Culinary culture, sightseeing, hunting area, adventure mountain climbing.
- Tourist zones, clusters and attractions associated with the Phong Quan Nature Reserve ecosystem.
- Areas of agricultural and forestry raw materials.
- Villages scattered in the area.