Potential and driving force for the development of Southeast Economic Zone
1. My Thuy port is ranked in the group of seaports No. 3, with great potential for developing international-class deep-water seaports.
2. Potential for gas exploitation off the East Sea of Vietnam with reserves of about 15-20 billion m3 (Golden leopard mine and blue elephant mine).
3. Construction materials, source of white sand with high silicon content and large reserves.
4. Large land scale to meet the needs of developing complexes and functional areas of the general economic zone.
5. Natural resources are favorable for the development of marine tourism. Con Co island, about 16 nautical miles from the mainland, is a resort with an intact and unspoiled landscape.
6. The possibility of developing an energy complex, a thermal power center in central Vietnam with projects of coal-fired power plants and gas turbines with a capacity of 4,000 MW.
7. Potential for diversified development of industries and multi-industry industries.