Nghi Son Economic zone (Nghi Son EZ) was established by the Prime Minister in Decision No. 102/QD-TTg dated May 15, 2006, located in the south of Thanh Hoa province, on The North-South exchange axis of the country, 200 km south of Hanoi capital, is a bridge between the North and the Central region, the Northwest and the South, with the markets of Southern Laos and Northeast Thailand.
I. NATURAL AND SOCIAL CONDITIONS OF Nghi Son EZ:
1. Potential and geographical location: Nghi Son Economic Zone (Nghi Son Economic Zone) has a natural area of 18,611.8 hectares located in the south of Thanh Hoa province, on the North-South exchange axis of the country, 200 km south of Hanoi capital, is a bridge. connecting the North with the Central, the Northwest and the South, with the markets of Southern Laos and Northeast Thailand. Nghi Son port has the potential to develop into one of the largest seaports in the country with the ability to receive ships with a tonnage of up to 50,000DWT, handling capacity up to hundreds of millions of tons/year. To realize the goal of developing into a multi-sector EZ that attracts heavy industries and basic industries such as: Refining and petrochemical, high-grade steel rolling, thermal power, building materials, production and processing of consumer goods. consumption and export goods... The Government of Vietnam has issued and applied the highest preferential policies for investors.
2. Climate: The average annual temperature is 23.40C, the annual average humidity is 85-86%, the annual average rainfall is 1,833 mm.
3. Terrain : The terrain is diverse, including: Mountains, plains and coastal areas. In which plains account for about 60% of the total area.
4. Population and labor: The total population of Thanh Hoa province is about 3.5 million people, of which the labor force is 2.1 million people. The population of Nghi Son EZ is over 80,000 people, of which the labor force is about 45,000 people. The labor force of Thanh Hoa province is mostly young, educated workers who are universally educated to graduate from middle and high schools, capable of absorbing science and technology and being trained to become highly skilled workers. Thanh Hoa has a fairly complete education and training system with all levels and disciplines. In Nghi Son EZ, there is Nghi Son Vocational School in operation and Licogi Vocational College of Technology under construction to meet the training needs of thousands of technical workers.
To meet the human resource needs of the EZ, the Nghi Son EZ Management Board is currently developing a project on training and developing human resources of Nghi Son EZ for the period 2015-2025 and submitting it to the Government for approval.
II. SOCIAL-TECHNICAL INFRASTRUCTURE
1. Traffic system:
- Road: Located on the North-South traffic axis of Vietnam, Nghi Son EZ has National Highway 1A and the North-South national highway planned to the west of National Highway 1A. There is a continuous road traffic system between regions in the province and the region. The traffic axes connect from the central urban area to the industrial zones and Nghi Son port, the East-West axes connect from Nghi Son port to the North-South highway. Currently, Thanh Hoa province is urgently investing in building a route from Nghi Son EZ to Tho Xuan airport about 60km.
- Railway: The national railway running through Nghi Son EZ has a length of over 15km, of which Khoa Truong station is expected to be upgraded and expanded into a central station of the EZ:
+ From Hanoi Station to Khoa Truong Station: 200km.
+ From Ho Chi Minh City Station to Khoa Truong Station: 1,500km.
- Seaport: Nghi Son Port has built and put into operation specialized berths of Nghi Son I Thermal Power Plant, Nghi Son Cement Plant and 03 general wharfs capable of receiving ships of up to 30,000 DWT. , handling capacity is about 5 million tons/year. In addition, at present, there are dozens of general ports, specialized wharfs and container terminals and a port logistics complex that are being built by investors.
From Nghi Son port location:
Ø to Hai Phong port: 119 nautical miles.
Ø to Ho Chi Minh City port: 700 nautical miles.
Ø to Hong Kong port: 650 nautical miles.
Ø to Singapore port: 1280 nautical miles.
Ø to the port of Tokyo: 1900 nautical miles.
- Aviation: Tho Xuan airport standard grade 4E is about 60 km from Nghi Son EZ. Currently, Vietnam Airlines is operating the route Thanh Hoa - Ho Chi Minh City with a frequency of 02 flights/day. According to the approved plan, Tho Xuan airport will be upgraded and expanded into an international airport to meet the development needs of Nghi Son EZ and serve the travel needs of people in the province and in the area. area.
2. Electrical system:
- Nghi Son EZ is using the national power network including: 500 KV North-South transmission line and 220 KV Thanh Hoa - Nghe An line, currently has a 220/110/22 KV - 250 MVA transformer station to ensure sufficient power electricity supply for production and living needs.
- Nghi Son EZ is planned to be developed by the Government into a large thermal power center with a total capacity of 2,400MW. In which, Nghi Son I Thermal Power Plant with a capacity of 600 MW will be completed and generated in the first quarter of 2014. Nghi Son II Thermal Power Plant, with a capacity of 1,200 MW, is operated by Marubeni Group (Japan) and Kepco (Korea). Quoc) investment in the form of BOT is expected to start construction at the end of 2014. Cong Thanh Thermal Power Plant with a capacity of 600 MW has been leveled by the investor.
3. Water supply:
- Raw water: Raw water is taken from Yen My lake (87 million m3) and Song Muc lake (200 million m3) by raw water pipeline system. Phase 1 pipeline supplying to Dong Chua lake with a capacity of 30,000 m3/day has been built and put into operation. Phase 2 pipeline with a capacity of 90,000 m3/day is being invested by ODA capital, expected to be completed in 2015.
- Clean water: There are 2 clean water supply plants, including the one at Dong Chua lake, which has been built in phase I and is supplying water with a capacity of 30,000 m3/day; Phase II increases the capacity to 90,000 m3/day and the factory in the western area of National Highway 1A, capacity: 20,000 m3/day, is under construction, expected to be completed in 2015.
4. Telecommunications services: Telecommunication network infrastructure - Information technology Nghi Son EZ has been planned for development with advanced services, broadband, high speed and modern technology; capable of meeting the needs of telecommunications - information technology services with the highest quality for customers.